Activities & Programs
The Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities (DSAAPD) carries out a broad range of activities on behalf of older persons and adults with physical disabilities. Following is a summary of these activities.
- Operates and contracts for numerous programs and services for older persons and adults with physical disabilities;
- Advocates on behalf of older persons and adults with physical disabilities to create a broader awareness of the needs of these populations and to generate additional resources to meet these needs;
- Develops and implements a variety of wellness and health promotion programs;
- Supports and advocates for grandparents and relatives raising others’ children;
- Analyzes data, performs needs assessments, and develops new services for older persons, adults with physical disabilities, and their families;
- Develops special programs to address a variety of concerns;
- Develops public-private and public-public partnerships to increase the availability of services; and
- Plans and conducts special events focusing on older adults and adults with physical disabilities.