Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below is a list of the some of questions most frequently asked by people who contact Delaware's Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC). Select a question to get more information on the topic. If you have a question that is not answered here or if you need more information, please contact the ADRC.
Abuse and Crisis Related Questions
- How do I report the abuse of an older person or a person with a disability?
- What should I do if someone is in psychiatric crisis?
Assisted Living, Nursing Home and Long Term Care Related Questions
- Where can I get a list of nursing homes in Delaware?
- What is assisted living and where can I find assisted living facilities in Delaware?
Caregiver Related Questions
- How can I get help in caring for someone if I need a break?
- Do you know of any support groups for people caring for elderly relatives or relatives with disabilities?
Disease Related Questions
Glossary of Terms and Definition Related Questions
- What are "assistive devices" and how can I get more information about them?
- What is the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- What is a Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)?
- Is a Power of Attorney for Health Care different than a Durable Power of Attorney?
Services and Benefits Related Questions
- How can I get meals on wheels?
- How do I get disability benefits?
- How can I get SNAP benefits (formerly called Food Stamps)?
- What do I do if I can't afford my prescriptions?
- How can I get help with home modifications?
- Where can I get help with legal problems?
- How can I get home health care for a family member when he/she is discharged from a hospital or nursing home?
- Where can I get help if I don't understand my doctor's bills or health insurance statements?
- Is there help available for older persons with gambling problems?
- Where can I go to get guardianship of a family member?
- Where can I get help with landlord-tenant problems?
- Where can I get help if I can't pay my electric/fuel bill?
- How can I get help finding a job?
- Do I need a lawyer to complete my advance directive or living will?