In order to qualify for a Designated Caregiver card to legally purchase medical marijuana for a qualified patient, you must meet the following qualifications:Test
- Be 21 years of age or be the parent or legal guardian of a minor child.
- Have not been convicted of an excluded felony offense.
- Have agreed to assist with a patient's medical use of marijuana and assist no more than five qualifying patients.
- Be a Delaware resident with proof of residency. (DE Driver’s License or DE State ID)
The Oversight Committee webpage has details on how to request
the addition of a new medical condition to the qualifying list.
Steps to start the application process and required items needed:
- Step 1 - Complete the Designated Caregiver Application
- Step 2 - Complete the Patient Application
- Complete the patient application in its entirety. You can apply online, or print a paper copy of the application.
If you will require a caregiver, ensure that the caregiver completes a caregiver application. Information on how a caregiver can apply can be found here.
- Step 3 - Pay the non-refundable application fee
- The fee is $125.00 and is non-refundable for all who apply. If you apply online, there will be a section for payment options. If you are mailing your application, please include a check or money order for $125.00, payable to the State of Delaware.
- Step 4 - Submit proof of age and residency
- You must upload a copy of your Delaware issued driver’s license or State issued ID with your application. If you are mailing your application, send a clear photocopy of your Delaware issued driver’s license or State issued ID.
- If you are mailing your application, please send to:
- Delaware Department of Health
Medical Marijuana Program, Suite 140
417 Federal St.
Dover, DE 19901
Medical Marijuana Program Home Page
Contact the Program
Fee Waiver Request