Thank you for your interest in the Delaware Psychiatric Residency Program. Due to the large number of applicants who apply in our program, we can only accept application materials through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
To further assist you, we have listed some important facts about our program.
Please see https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-residency/applying-residencies-eras/ for application instructions:
- We do not sponsor/accept any type of visas at this time, but we do accept active green cards.
- There is no separate application needed for application to our program. However, the following information must be submitted via ERAS.
- Medical School Diploma and Transcript
- Four letters of recommendation with a minimum of three in psychiatry
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Transcript and ECGMG Status Report
- Please explain any gaps and describe your medical experience in detail.
- We do not have a cut-off for years since graduation from medical school. However, prefererence is given to candidates who have been involved in clinical work since your graduation and prefer candidates with U.S. clinical experience in psychiatry.
- We require a passing USMLE/COMLEX score on Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS and Step 3. Please refer to www.usmle.org for information about the current minimum passing scores.
- Students in the final year of medical school or within 1-year post-graduation can apply if they have passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS. All other applicants must pass Step 3 before applying.
- Candidates must have an excellent profieciency in both written and spoken English.
- We do not participate in NRMP Match.
- ACGME Program ID for ERAS is 4000 931 046.
- Our program is community based and some rotations require a significant amount of travel and driving.
- We will contact you if you are successful in our screening process and selected for an interview.
Information for Foreign Medical Graduates
Foreign Medical Graduates are welcome to apply to the Program. Foreign Medical Graduates must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Externships and Observerships
We do not currently offer externships or observerships.