Current Suspected Overdose Deaths in Delaware for 2019: Get Help Now!
Application Open to Delaware Providers for Health Information Exchange Mini-Grants
Request for Volunteers by the DDDS Legislative Task Force The DDDS Legislative Task Force has created 5 subcommittees to assist with research and information gathering. Each subcommittee has been assigned issues to examine and will report its findings to the entire task force. Below is a breakdown of each:
1. DSP Subcommittee: Chair - Rep. Kendra Johnson. Examining the starting and average hourly wages for all DSPs, including starting wages for shift leads, turnover rates for all DSP positions (including shift leads), and duration and number of full-time equivalents of each DSP vacancy.
2. Substantial Incidents Subcommittee: Chair - Laura Strmel. Examining the number of substantiated incidents of abuse, neglect and exploitation of adults in intellectual developmental disabilities and detailing the types of substantiated incidents by service setting.
3. Structure/Leadership Subcommittee: Chair - Alan Zaback. Creating an assessment of DDDS structure, leadership, morale issues, DDDS vision and mission, and an assessment of the DDDS Advisory Councils.
4. Regulations Subcommittee: Chair - Sen. Delcollo. Reviewing the proposed DDDS regulations and the issues springing from that review.
5. Prevailing Service Delivery Issues Subcommittee: Chair - Michele Mirabella. Addressing issues with PROBIS, documentation, the risk mitigation process, and exceptional rates.
The DDDS Task Force is looking for volunteers to serve on all 5 subcommittees. You do not need to be a member of the DDDS Legislative Task Force to serve on one of the subcommittees outlined above. It is the hope of the Chairs to have a diverse group serving on each subcommittee - families, service providers, community members, service recipients, etc. If you, or anyone you know, are interested in joining one of the subcommittees, please contact Mark Brainard as soon as possible at 302-744-4225 or at Mark.Brainard@delaware.gov. PLEASE NOTE: The task force is on a tight schedule, so each subcommittee will be meeting in the next few weeks.
This link is to the complete DDDS Medicaid HCBS Lifespan Waiver 7th renewal, 2nd amendment application that was approved by CMS. The Lifespan Waiver Amendment, which was amendment 1, adds several family support services geared toward individuals with IDD who are living in the family home. Amendment 1 also adds waiver slots to enable individuals who are receiving DDDS day services to enroll in the waiver. Individuals can receive family support services in addition to the day services they are currently receiving. Amendment 2 enabled individuals who enroll in the DDDS Lifespan Waiver and are living in the family home to remain enrolled with a Medicaid Managed Care Organization (MCO) to continue to receive their non-waiver Medicaid benefits.
The Division of Developmental Disabilities values persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities, honors abilities, respects choice, and achieves possibilities. We work together to support healthy, safe and fulfilling lives. Read More
The Division of Developmental Disabilities will help you get prepared for work, find jobs, and succeed in the workplace.
Individuals, who wish to apply to become eligible for DDDS services, including assistance in navigating the complex federal and state human service systems, can download an application.
Information for agencies wanting to become an authorized provider for the Division of Developmental Disabilities.
|Reporting is Everyone's JOB!|