EMS Medical Direction
This program is responsible for providing medical oversight of the statewide EMS system (Advanced and Basic Life Support), review and modification of the statewide standard treatment protocols, oversight of medical command facilities, conducting research and oversight of the statewide EMS quality assurance program.
In accordance with Delaware Office of EMS (OEMS) rules, physicians are not permitted to provide on-line medical direction to Delaware EMS providers without first completing the Delaware Base Station Physician Course and then issued a Medical Control Physician Number by the OEMS. Medical Control Physician Information Form is available PDF format.
Delaware Statewide Standard Treatment Protocols and Policies Effective Year 2013
- Basic Life Support Protocols,Guidelines and Standing Orders Mid-Cycle Update Effective October 16, 2013 PDF format
- Paramedic Standing Orders, Guidelines, and Policies Mid-Cycle Update October 2013 Effective October 16, 2013 PDF format
- Delaware Emergency Medical Services Hospital Diversion Policy 2013 Addition of Free Standing EDs Effective March 11, 2013 PDF format
- Delaware EMS Free Standing Emergency Department Destination Policy Effective March 11, 2013 PDF format
- Basic Life Support Standing Orders for Prehospital and Interfacility Patients Effective January 1, 2013 PDF format
Delaware Statewide Standard Treatment Protocols and Policies Effective Year from 2008 to 2012
- Delaware EMS Medical Directors’ Destination Policy PDF format
- Paramedic Standing Orders, Guidelines, and Policies Effective November 5, 2012 PDF format
- H1N1 Influenza Immunizations Standing Orders for Paramedic Administration Effective October 19, 2009 to February 28, 2010 PDF format
- Paramedic Standing Orders and Policies for Toxmedic Program Effective November 1, 2010 PDF format
- Delaware EMS Medical Directors’ Policy on Basic Life Support Transport of Ventilator Dependent Patients Effective December 2009 PDF format
- Basic Life Support Standing Orders for Nerve Agent Antidote Program Approved by Board of Medical Practice September 2008 PDF format
- Paramedic Pharmacology Manual Edition 2008 PDF format
- Paramedic Standing Orders: Chemical Terrorism, Bioterrorism and Pandemic Illness Effective November 2008 PDF format
- Paramedic Standing Orders and Policies for Tactical Emergency Medical Support Program Effective November 2008 PDF format
- Paramedic Standing Orders and Policies for Toxmedic Program Effective November 2008 PDF format
- Public Safety Agencies Standing Orders for Self Administered Nerve Agent Antidote Program Approved by Board of Medical Practice September 2008 PDF format
For more information, please contact the program office.
Please note: Some of the files available on this page are in Adobe PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded directly from Adobe . If you are using an assistive technology unable to read Adobe PDF, please either view the corresponding text only version (if available) or visit Adobe's Accessibility Tools page.