DHSS Press Release
|Date: January 23, 2013
|Rita Landgraf, Secretary
Jill Fredel, Director of Communications
302-255-9047, Pager 302-357-7498
MEDIA ADVISORY: MORE FLU VACCINATION CLINICS
|WHO:||Delaware's Division of Public Health|
|WHAT:||Two free flu vaccination events for members of the public. See below on which ages can be served.|
|DETAILS:||January 24, 2013 from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. in Legislative Hall Library, 411 Legislative Ave, Dover, DE. Age 6 months and above. Photo identification required. No appointment necessary. January 24, 2013 from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Delaware City Community Center, 250 Fifth St., Delaware City, DE 19706. Age 9 years and above. No appointment necessary.|
Vaccinations are also available from DPH by appointment as follows:
- Hudson State Service Center, age 6 months and older at 501 Ogletown Rd., Newark, 19711. Call for appointment: (302) 283-7587.
- Middletown Health Unit, age 9 years and older at 214 North Broad St., Middletown, 19709. Call for appointment: (302) 378-5200.
- Adams State Service Center, age 6 months and older at 546 S. Bedford St. Georgetown, 19947. Call for appointment: 302-856-5213.
- Williams State Service Center, age 6 months and older, at 805 River Rd., Dover, 19901. Call for appointment: 302-857-5130.
- Milford Riverwalk, age 3 years and above at 253 NE Front St., Riverwalk Shopping Center, Milford, 19963. Call for appointment: 302-424-7130.
- Porter State Service Center, age 6 months and older at 511 W. 8th St., Wilmington, 19801. Call for appointment: at 302-777-2860.
- Pyle State Service Center, age 6 months and older at 34314 Pyle Center Rd., Frankford, 19945. Call for appointment: 302-732-9512.
If you need additional information on the flu or where to get vaccinated visit www.flu.delaware.gov or call 800-282-8672.
Delaware Health and Social Services is committed to improving the quality of the lives of Delaware's citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations.