The Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities (DSAAPD) has a staff of about 875 persons. The staff is divided into the following units: Office of the Director; Service Delivery and Program Unit; Adult Day Services Unit; Administrative Services Unit; Planning, Policy, and Training Unit; Quality Management Unit; and Long Term Care Unit. Below is a brief summary of the functions of each unit:
- Office of the Director: The DSAAPD Director provides oversight for all agency services and operations. The Director is responsible for signing contracts and is closely involved in strategic planning, program development, and quality assurance initiatives. In addition, the Director provides leadership for advocacy and coordination efforts and is responsible for overseeing emergency planning activities.
- Service Delivery and Program Unit: Staff in the Service Delivery and Program Unit operate the Delaware ADRC, providing information & assistance, options counseling, and help with service enrollment. In addition staff in the Service/Program Unit provide case management and nursing and manage a number of programs including the Nursing Home Transition Program; the Delaware Money Management Program; CARE Delaware; and Joining Generations.
- Adult Day Services Unit: Staff in this unit operate New Horizon Adult Day Center.
- Administrative Services Unit: Staff in the Administrative Services Unit develop requests for proposals, select service providers and oversee the functioning of agency contracts. In addition, the unit handles the budgeting, accounting, clerical, and computer-related functions within the agency. Staff in this unit plan for and monitor the Senior Community Service Employment Program as well as Respite Programs and Nutrition Programs.
- Planning, Policy, and Training Unit: The Planning, Policy, and Training Unit carries out a variety of functions including strategic planning, emergency planning, program development, housing policy development, grant oversight, public relations, and staff training. Staff in this unit also oversee the agency's health & wellness programs, legal services initiatives, and lifespan respite programs.
- Quality Management Unit: The Quality Management Unit includes DSAAPD's various quality improvement initiatives as well as the Delaware Senior Medicare Patrol Program.
- Long Term Care Unit: The Long Term Care Unit operates three licensed nursing homes: Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill, Emily P. Bissell Hospital, and Governor Bacon Health Center.