Delaware Behavioral Risk Factor Survey
The Behavioral Risk Factor Survey (BRFS) is an annual survey of Delaware’s adult population about behaviors which affect risk of disease, premature death, and disability. The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) is a cooperative effort of the Delaware Division of Public Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and is funded by a CDC cooperative agreement. It is conducted in all U.S. states and several territories.
The random-sample telephone survey is conducted for the Division of Public Health by Abt SRBI, Inc. Data from the survey are used by both public and private health providers to plan health programs and to track progress toward the state’s health goals.
|IF YOU ARE CALLED: The Division of Public Health strongly encourages all Delaware residents—if contacted—to participate in this vitally important study. Data produced by the BRFS are essential for planning and evaluating effective public health programs that help all Delawareans. You may be called on either your landline or cell phone. All respondents are randomly selected, confidential, and anonymous. If you are called on a cell phone while driving or at an inconvenient location, arrangements will be made for a safe, private call back.|
- Search the BRFSS interactive database at CDC state and national data
- Web-Enabled Analysis Tool (WEAT) for logistic or cross-tabulation analyses of BRFS data, 2004-2011
About the BRFS
- About the Delaware BRFS
- Delaware BRFS: changing to meet new challenges
- CDC flyer describing the 2011 improvements
- Using BRFS data (suggested citation)
- Policy for adding questions to the Delaware BRFS
Delaware 2013 Frequency Tables
- 2013 calculated variables tables (193 pages) — PDF file of calculated variables from the 2013 survey. New!
- 2013 core questionnaire tables (290 pages) — PDF file of frequency tables from the survey’s core questions and demographics New!
- 2013 module tables (96 pages) — PDF file of frequency tables from selected modules New!
Delaware 2012 Frequency Tables
- 2012 calculated variables tables [PDF 153 pages]
- 2012 core questionnaire tables [PDF 249 pages]
- 2012 module tables [PDF 81 pages]
- 2012 county data table [PDF] New!
NOTE: The Behavioral Risk Factor Survey adopted improved methodology in 2011, which may be partially responsible for some changes in prevalence from previous years.
Reports and Presentations
- PDF file of PowerPoint presentation on tobacco use in Delaware, April 2014 New!
- 2012 summary of Delaware smoking and tobacco data
- 2012 summary of Delaware diabetes data
- 2014 Delaware questionnaire [PDF]
- 2013 Delaware questionnaire [PDF]
- 2012 Delaware questionnaire [PDF]
- 2011 Delaware questionnaire [PDF]
- 2010 Delaware questionnaire [PDF]
- 2009 Delaware questionnaire [PDF]
- 2008 Delaware questionnaire [PDF]
- 2007 Delaware questionnaire [PDF]
- Access previous questionnaires from the CDC questionnaire archive
- Delaware’s Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS), data on middle and high students
- CDC’s Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) home page
Please note: Some of the files available on this page are in Adobe PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded directly from Adobe . If you are using an assistive technology unable to read Adobe PDF, please either view the corresponding text only version (if available) or visit Adobe's Accessibility Tools page.