DPH TO SCHEDULE PEDIATRIC FLU VACCINATION CLINICS
Delaware’s Division of Public Health (DPH) will hold pediatric flu vaccination clinics on four dates in December: Dec. 8, 10, 14
and 16. To schedule appointments, parents and legal guardians should call DPH on Monday, Dec. 6 between 9 a.m. and 4
p.m. at 1-800-282-8672.
DPH has 4,776 doses of flu vaccine set aside for children at greatest risk of becoming ill for influenza or its complications. Parents
and legal guardians may experience some waiting as administering vaccine to some children takes longer than adult immunizations.
Callers should know their ZIP code and have a pen and paper handy to record the confirmation number, site location and appointment time.
Parents or legal guardians can schedule appointments for all children living in one household under the responsibility of that parent or
legal guardian. Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on the day of vaccination.
Children eligible to receive appointments are:
- All 6 months to 23 months, or
- 24 months to 18 years with chronic disease or on aspirin therapy.
DPH defines pediatric high-risk groups as children having chronic conditions including:
- Heart disease,
- Lung diseases, such as asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD),
- Metabolic diseases, including diabetes and kidney disease,
- Blood disorders, including sickle cell anemia,
- Weakened immune systems due to cancer treatment and HIV/AIDS,
- Parents or legal guardians accompany children receiving shots, because they must sign the consent form.
- You do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to the appointment. There is a dose of vaccine for all scheduled appointments.
- Bring three items:
- Proof that you or your child resides or attends school in Delaware.
- Your Medicaid card if applicable.
- Your confirmation number.
- Dress children to remove clothing easily as shots will be administered in the upper arm or upper thigh depending on weight.
- If at all possible, do not bring children who are not receiving shots.
- Do not call the flu clinic site for information. If you need directions to the sites, call the Delaware Helpline at 1-800-464-HELP
(4357) or 1-800-273-9500.
Categories of Health Alert messages:
- Health Alert: Conveys the highest level of importance; warrants immediate action or attention.
- Health Advisory: Provides important information for a specific incident or situation; may not require immediate action.
- Health Update: Provides updated information regarding an incident or situation; unlikely to require immediate action.
NOTE: This page is for informational purposes only and dated material (e.g. temporary websites) may not be available.