Delaware Emergency Preparedness for Children
To address child care issues during disasters or emergency situations.
- To ensure that child care facilities are prepared to keep children safe during any disaster or emergency
situation (State of Emergency or Emergency Operations).
- Provide Emergency Planning training and resources to child care facilities through out the state.
- Assist child care facilities in developing comprehensive emergency plans. (Execute Order 22 states that every agency must have a strategic plan).
- To establish a pool of certified disaster child care volunteers who are willing to provide care for
children at American Red Cross or other Delaware disaster relief sites while parents / guardians are seeking
assistance at the site.
- Recruit and train certified volunteers through the Church of the Brethren training program.
- To organize a system of temporary child care during a state of emergency for First Responders'
- Recruit and train licensed child care providers who are willing to offer temporary child care for First Responders' children.
- Assist First Responders in prearranging child care in preparation for a disaster or state emergency.
- To ensure that a plan is in place addressing the care of unattended children during a state of emergency
or emergency operations.
- Identify the appropriate lead agency
- Identify support agencies
- Provide training to all appropriate personnel
- Define roles and responsibilities of affective lead agencies
For more information, please contact the program office.