Skip to Page Content  |  Text Only Governor | General Assembly | Courts | Elected Officials | State Agencies
  Photo: Featured Delaware Photo
  Phone Numbers   Mobile   Help   Size   Print   Email

What should I do with my advance directive?

You should retain your original completed and signed Advance Health Care Directive and give a copy of the form to your physician and to any other health care providers that you have. You should also give a copy the person that you have named as your health care agent. It would be a good idea talk to that person and make sure that he or she understands your wishes and is willing to take responsibility for ensuring that your wishes are honored. In addition, you may want to give copies to other family members and close friends.

You have the right to revoke your advance health care directive or replace it at any time.

Last Updated: Thursday July 14 2016
site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |    translate   |