Caregiver Support Groups
Support Groups in Delaware
There are several support groups in Delaware for caregivers. Check the list below and contact the organizations to determine the dates, times, and locations of the support groups.
- Well Spouse Association
- Alzheimer's Association
- Brain Injury Association of Delaware
- Grandparent and Relative Caregivers Support and Information Groups
- Stroke Support Groups
Online Support Groups
The internet offers many opportunities for caregivers to connect online, discuss issues, and get support. Online support groups take on different forms, including chat rooms, discussion groups, email groups (knowns also as "listservs"), Facebook groups, etc. Some caregiving websites provide online support groups that are staffed by trained professionals, and others are run by caregivers who are simply interested in helping others. Usually, participation is free of charge, and no special software is needed. Some sites require you to register before you begin to participate in the group.
Below is a list of some of the online support groups for caregivers. You might want to consider visiting several of them to see which ones best suit you needs.
- Well Spouse Association Support for Spousal Caregivers
- Family Caregiver Alliance Resource Center
- Empowering Caregivers
- ElderCare Online Caregiver Support Center
- AARP Caregivers Support Group
- Alzheimer's Association Support
Want to know more before you try out online support groups? Please see our online support group information page.