Bureau of Health Planning and Resources Management
The Bureau of Health Planning and Resources Management provides leadership to communities in the development of health systems. Activities include technical assistance for community health programs, needs assessment, data management, workforce development and community and state health initiatives. The Bureau is actively represented on a number of state and community commissions, boards, and planning groups and provides federal liaison activities.
Office of Primary Care and Rural Health
The Office of Primary Care and Rural Health assists health care advocates, such as community health centers, with access to care issues affecting the uninsured and vulnerable populations of Delaware. This office works closely with a host of public/private partners to build health care systems by supporting initiatives and partnerships across the state and in rural Delaware. Various capacity studies regarding the supply and distribution of health care providers are completed through the Primary Care Physicians in Delaware Report, the Dentists in Delaware Report, and the Mental Health Professionals in Delaware Report. Data captured in these reports are then used as a basis for shortage designation applications, that, if approved, qualify health care entities located in certain areas for various state and federal resources.
The following two Health Resources and Services Administration grants support the overall work of this office:
- Primary Care Services Resource Coordination and Development/Primary Care Office (PCO) which is jointly funded through the federal Bureau of Primary Health Care and the Bureau of Health Professions.
- State Office of Rural Health (SORH) which is funded through the Office of Rural Health Policy.
Health Care Provider Recruitment Programs
The Bureau of Health Planning and Resources Management helps recruit health professionals to Delaware through several programs, including the Conrad State 30 / J-1 Visa Waiver Program, the National Rural Recruitment and Retention Network (3RNet), and the State Loan Repayment Program .
Links to Other Important Health Organizations
- Delaware Health Care Commission
- Delaware Health Resources Board
- Delaware Healthcare Association
- Delaware Healthcare Facilities Association
- Delaware Office of Health Facilities Licensing and Certification
- American Health Planning Association
For more information, contact the Bureau of Health Planning and Resources Management .