Vision of Family Health Systems
Nurture an environment where everyone is empowered to make their own unique contribution toward meeting the goal of a healthier
Mission of Family Health Systems
The mission of Family Health Systems (FHS) is to improve the health of families and provide leadership to communities in the
development of health systems. FHS accomplishes its mission by:
- Developing, coordinating and evaluating programs and initiatives to improve the health of women, infants, children, adolescents and
those with special health care needs.
- Monitoring health status through newborn screening (metabolic disorders and hearing), birth defects and autism registries.
- Eliminating disparities in maternal and child health outcomes, including infant mortality.
- Applying epidemiology and research to improve delivery of quality health care to women, children and families.
- Enhancing reproductive health and ensuring access to family planning services.
- Ensuring access to adolescent health care services through School-Based Health Centers and implementing programs to reduce teen
- Translating evidence into practice to improve early childhood comprehensive systems of care.
- Consistently and continually exceeding the needs of those we serve, providing top quality in all we produce.