Through primary prevention and early intervention, Delaware SBHCs provide the following services to various student populations by:
- providing preventive care
- detecting signs of emotional stress and psychosocial problems for counseling and/or referral
- facilitating students’ use of health care systems by establishing links with primary health care providers
- promoting on-going comprehensive health care for students of all ages
- encouraging parent involvement in the health of their adolescents
- working toward the improvement of the students’ knowledge of the importance of preventive health care
- improving (responsible) decision-making about health matters
- reducing risk-taking behaviors
- developing health promoting behaviors
- providing early detection of chronic conditions and early diagnosis and treatment of minor and acute illnesses and health problems.
For more information concerning all SBHCs contact the Division of Public Health
School-Based Health Center Central Office .
Please note: Some of the files available on this page are in Adobe PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded directly from Adobe . If you are using an assistive technology unable to read Adobe PDF, please either view the corresponding text only version (if available) or visit Adobe's Accessibility Tools page.