- Office on Disability
- Medicare Part D
- Social Security's Extra Help Program
- The federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has launched a new monthly online health advice column for Spanish-speaking consumers called Consejos de Salud Para Ti. The column provides helpful tips on preventive health, safe and appropriate use of medications, how to get better health care, and other important health care issues. The column is part of AHRQ's "Información en Español" web site which has been enhanced to include audio and video in Spanish on a wide range of health care topics. The web site contains more than 35 consumer guides on health care quality, surgery, health conditions and diseases, quitting smoking, understanding health insurance options and prevention and wellness. Click on this link to get to the web site and the advice column:: www.ahrq.gov/consumer/espanoix.htm.
- U.S. Department of Labor Launches New "Disability.gov" Web Site. In conjunction with the 19th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the U.S. Department of Labor has re-named and re-launched DisabilityInfo.gov as Disability.gov. Available at www.disability.gov, the site offers comprehensive information about programs and services to better serve more than 50 million Americans with disabilities, their family members, veterans, employers, educators, caregivers and anyone interested in disability-related information.
The new Web site integrates content from 22 federal agencies and will be managed by the Labor Department. The former DisabilityInfo.gov site was revamped with social media tools to encourage interaction and feedback, and new ways to organize, share and receive information. Visitors can sign up for personalized news and updates, participate in online discussions and suggest resources for the site. New features include a Twitter feed, Really Simple Syndication feeds, a blog, social bookmarking and a user-friendly way to obtain answers to questions on such topics as finding employment and job accommodations. Additional tools will be added during the months ahead. For more information go to New Disability web site information
- Services and Programs for the Aging Population
- Delaware Medicaid providers may access the Delaware Medical Assistance Provider manuals at the Delaware Medical Assistance Provider Web Site.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is the federal agency responsible for administering the Medicare program, and overseeing the States’ management of Medicaid, the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), and other health-related programs.
- The current Delaware Healthy Children (SCHIP) State Plan and State Plan Amendments as approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Title XXI of the Social Security Act - State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
- Title XIX of the Social Security Act - Medicaid
- HIPAA Privacy Notice The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 is a federal law that protects the privacy of a person's individually identifiable health information. This Notice tells you about your privacy rights and the duties of the State to protect health information that identifies you. The notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
- What You Need to Know If You Get a Letter in the Mail From the IRS