Delaware Healthy Children Program Flyer
DELAWARE HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
DIVISION OF MEDICAID & MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
DIVISION OF SOCIAL SERVICES
Affordable Health Care
Give Your Kids Something
They Really Can't Live Without!
The Delaware Healthy Children Program is a low cost health insurance program for Delaware's uninsured children.
Your children may qualify if they:
- Do not have health insurance that covers doctor visits, hospital stays, lab work and x-rays.
- Are under the age of 19 and reside in the State of Delaware.
- Are U.S. citizens or qualified non-citizens.
- Are not dependents of a State of Delaware employee.
- Meet income eligibility. For example, children in a family of 4 with annual income under $40,000 can qualify.
|Family Size||Monthly Income||Annual Income|
*A 2 person family suggests 1 adult and 1 child
What does it cost?
Depending on your income, you pay $10, $15 or $25 per month per family. The single monthly premium covers all the children in your family. There is an added bonus - for every three months you pay in advance, you will get the fourth month free. There are no co-payments except if you visit a hospital emergency room for a non-emergency.
|Family Size||If your monthly
Premium is $10
|If your monthly
Premium is $15
|If your monthly
Premium is $25
|2||1,142 - 1,518||1,519 - 1,894||1,895 - 2,282|
|3||1,432 - 1,904||1,905 - 2,376||2,377 - 2,862|
|4||1,722 - 2,289||2,290 - 2,857||2,858 - 3,442|
|5||2,012 - 2,675||2,676 - 3,338||3,339 - 4,022|
|6||2,302 - 3,061||3,062 - 3,820||3,821 - 4,602|
|7||2,592 - 3,446||3,447 - 4,301||4,302 - 5,182|
|8||2,882 - 3,832||3,883 - 4,783||4,784 - 5,762|
|9||3,172 - 4,218||4,219 - 5,264||5,265 - 6,342|
|10||3,462 - 4,603||4,604 - 5,745||5,746 - 6,922|
What does it cover?
- Doctor visits including check-ups
- Prescription drugs
- Eye exams and glasses
- Dental Care
- Routine shots
- Tests and X-rays
- Speech/hearing therapy
- Hospital stays, specialists and more
- Mental health counseling
- Drug/alcohol abuse treatment
How do I apply?
- You can contact the Delaware Healthy Children Program at 1-800-996-9969.
- You can apply online at: www.assist.dhss.delaware.gov
- You can contact the nearest Division of Social Services (DSS) office for an application.
What do I need to apply?
You must provide:
- proof of income - a full month's pay stubs or latest tax-return if self-employed
- proof of citizenship or lawful alien status
- proof of identity along with your complete application
When does coverage start?
After your application is processed, you will receive a notice in the mail giving you information about your case.
After your children are approved for the program, you must choose a managed care plan and pay for your first month's premium.
DSS Office Locations
New Castle County
Claymont State Service Center
3301 Green Street, Claymont 19703
302-798-4093 FAX 302-798-4360
Northeast State Service Center
1624 Jessup St., Wilmington 19802
302-577-3101 FAX 302-577-3805
Porter State Service Center
509 W. 8th Street, Wilmington 19801
302-577-3504 FAX 302-577-2062
1714 West 4th Street
302-577-3600 FAX 302-577-3648
153 Chestnut Hill Road, Newark 19713
302-368-6725 FAX 302-368-6593
DeLaWarr State Service Center
500 Rogers Road, New Castle 19720
302-577-3814 FAX 302-577-2916
Churchman's Corporate Center
84 Christiana Rd., Suite B, New Castle 19720
Hudson State Service Center
501 Ogletown Road, Newark 19711
302-453-2800 FAX 302-453-8253
Appoquinimink State Service Center
122 Silver Lake Road, Middletown 19709
302-378-5781 FAX 302-378-5784
Williams State Service Center
805 River Road, Dover 19901
302-739-3351 FAX 302-739-6264
1114 S. Dupont Highway, Dover 19901
302-739-4437 FAX 302-739-2124
13 S. Front Street, Milford 19963
302-422-1555 FAX 302-424-2792
Georgetown State Service Center
546 S. Bedford St., Georgetown 19947
302-856-5340 FAX 302-856-5234
Shipley State Service Center
350 Virginia Avenue, Seaford 19973
302-628-2011 FAX 302-628-2027
Bridgeville State Service Center
N. Cannon & Mill St., Bridgeville 19933
302-337-8261 FAX 302-337-3204
Laurel State Service Center
440 N. Poplar Street, Laurel 19956
302-875-2289 FAX 302-875-4960
Pyle State Service Center
RD. #2, Frankford 19945
302-732-9501 FAX 302-732-6490
Other Important Numbers:
For more information,
please visit our Web site at