LICENSED AND CERTIFIED LONG TERM CARE FACILITIES
The Division of Long Term Care Residents Protection is responsible for licensing all long term care facilities in Delaware. The Division is also responsible for certifying nursing homes that wish to participate in the Medicare and/or Medicaid programs.
The Division licenses facilities in the following categories:
- Nursing Homes , including Intermediate Care Facilities for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (This list also shows which facilities have Medicare and/or Medicaid certification.)
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Group Homes for Persons with AIDS
- Group Homes for Persons with Mental Illness
- Intensive Behavioral Support and Educational Residence
- Neighborhood Homes for Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Family Care Homes
- Rest (Residential) Homes.
For information about any of the facility categories, please call the Division of Long Term Care Residents Protection's New Castle County office or Kent/Sussex Counties office. Lists of licensed Nursing Homes and licensed Assisted Living facilities are available on-line through the links above.