Office of Training and Professional Development
The Office of Training and Professional Development (TAPD) is responsible for administration of the statewide training program for staff employed by or contracted with DDDS. The staff in the Office of Training and Professional Development provides the following services:
- Conduct initial and on-going training to ensure that support professionals acquire the knowledge, skills and sensitivity necessary to meet the needs of the individuals for whom they provide support
- Disseminate information regarding best practices in the field of Developmental Disabilities
- Keep staff informed about current trends in the field
- Assist staff to gain the skills that enable them to work effectively in teams
- Schedule and conduct workshops and seminars designed to best prepare support professionals for working in the field of Developmental Disabilities
- Review the DDDS Training Guidelines
- Review the Course Descriptions to determine which classes you need to take.
- Review the course schedules (contact our staff for up-to-date information) to determine when and where you would like to attend a class.
- Register. Print and submit a completed TAPD Training Class Registration form (available on the forms page). Send or fax it using the information on the bottom of the form.
- For driving directions to training sites, please see the Driving Directions
- If you have questions or need help, please Contact Our Staff