Division of Child Support Services
When the relationship between a child's parents ends, it does not mean either parent's responsibility for that child ends. Both parents remain financially and legally obligated to the child.
DCSS offers services that help to:
- Find the absent/non-custodial parent: Location
- Establish the legal father of a child: Paternity
- Establish a legal child support order: Obligation
- Collect child support payments: Enforcement
- Provide services to change child support orders: Modification
- Account for payments received and distributed: Accounting
No person shall, on the ground of race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under the Delaware IV-D child support program.