CMMI State Innovation Model Design
Delaware is developing a State Health Care Innovation Plan to transform our health care system, with support from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) State Innovation Models (SIM) initiative. We have set ambitious goals for improving health care for Delawareans and improving the sustainability of our health care system, and are supported by a broad set of stakeholders who are committed to making real and lasting change - including physicians, hospitals, other providers, insurers, businesses, consumer advocates and our education and research community.
Why Delaware is developing a State Health Care Innovation Plan
The goal is the "Triple Aim" - improving the health of Delawareans, improving the patient experience of care, and reducing health care costs. Through the SIM initiative, Delaware is planning to build upon a strong local foundation for innovation in order to achieve this through a system-level transformative healthcare plan that can serve as a scalable model for the nation. Our aspiration is to develop and implement a plan for broad-based health system transformation, including new payment and delivery models, which will achieve the Triple Aim.
Delaware has been awarded a "Design" grant through the CMMI SIM initiative to provide funding as we develop our State Health Care Innovation Plan. We will be applying for a "Testing" grant - which could provide significant funding to support the implementation of our plan.
State Health Care Innovation Plans must be Governor-led, multi-payer, and focused on achieving the Triple Aim of improving health, improving the patient experience of care, and reducing health care costs.
We are organizing our health transformation approach in six workstreams:
- Delivery system
- Population health
- Payment model
- Data and analytics
Our guiding principles:
- Develop a health care transformation strategy that is multi-payer and multi-stakeholder and focuses on achieving the "Triple Aim"
- Be one of the leading states in innovation and impact
- Achieve measurable results in three years through practical implementable goals
- Meet the near term objective of developing the State Health Care Innovation Plan while focusing on the primary goal of transforming Delaware's health care
- Focus on the best interests of all Delawareans and respect the voice of consumers
- Have no "sacred cows"
- Learn and make use of best practice examples from other states and countries where possible
- Focus on getting to a practical plan
Delaware Center for Health Innovation Board of Directors Meetings
- Meeting Notices, Agendas, Minutes
- Visit the State Public Meeting Calendar: egov.delaware.gov/pmc/
- Click "List by Agency", and scroll to the "Delaware Health Care Commission" (DHCC).
- All DHCC meetings are listed by date. To view/print/download agenda and minutes, click into the desired meeting.