EFT for Employers
The Delaware Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) is pleased to provide employers with the easy option of submitting child support
payments electronically through the banking network known as the Automated Clearing House, or ACH. Employers who deposit their employees'
pay directly into their employees' financial institution accounts are already participating in ACH. Submitting child support payments
electronically is a very similar process.
History of EFT and EDI
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA) of 1996, more commonly known as Welfare Reform, mandated
that state Child Support offices must have the ability to accept and disburse payments using Electronic Funds Transfer and Electronic
Data Interchange (EFT/EDI).
Advantages of EFT
- Provides you assurance that support will be received by the Delaware Division of Child Support Services and distributed to families
accurately and efficiently.
- Offers security and eliminates delayed, lost and stolen checks.
- Reduces processing costs.
- Increases efficiency and reduces paper handling.
- Allows you to submit payments to any number of states using a standard EFT file.
- Speeds the support payment to the children.
How Can I Find Out More?
For more information about ACH:
- Contact your local financial institution.
- Contact the National Automated Clearinghouse Association (NACHA) at (703) 561-1100 or access the NACHA website at www.nacha.org.
- Obtain a copy of the Electronic Payments Review and Buyers Guide published by NACHA.
- Contact treasury management associations or payroll associations such as the American Payroll Association.